Please find below important information about Mobius Advocaten and the way we provide our services.
Mobius Advocaten is the trade name of Mobius Advocaten B.V.
Mobius Advocaten is a private limited liability company (Besloten Vennootschap) registered with the Trade Register of the Dutch Chamber of Commerce under registration number 84396202 (KvK Nummer). Its registered office is in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Its principal place of business, business office and correspondence address is at De Lairessestraat 174, 1075HM Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
References in this section and elsewhere on this website to “Mobius” and “Mobius Advocaten” mean Mobius Advocaten B.V. Words such as “we”, “us”, “our” or “the firm” or variations thereof mean Mobius Advocaten. The term “partner” is used to refer to a member of Mobius Advocaten. A list of the members of Mobius Advocaten is open to inspection at its business office at De Lairessestraat 1074, 1075HM Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Mobius is registered with the Trade Register of the Dutch Chamber of Commerce under registration number 84396202 (KvK Nummer).
VAT number: NL863195507B01
Any and all attorneys of Mobius Advocaten are registered with the Netherlands BAR.
Bar register of legal areas
The attorneys listed below have registered the following principal (and secondary) legal practice areas in the Netherlands Bar’s register of legal areas:
- Niels Molenaar is registered for Real Estate Law.
- Soufjan El Baroudi is registered for Finance Law.
- Seppe Stax is registered for Public Law.
- Marius van der Torren is registered for Real Estate Law.
Based on these registrations, they are required to obtain ten training credits per calendar year in each registered principal legal practice area in accordance with the standards set by the Netherlands BAR.
Mobius Advocaten cannot receive third-party funds (derdengelden) because Mobius Advocaten has no access to a third-party funds foundation (stichting derdengelden).
Together with our clients, we agree on a fee arrangement that meets their needs and interests. Fees and, if applicable, disbursements and VAT are usually specified in our invoices (save for any fixed fee arrangements). We never charge our clients any non-specified office surcharge. Invoices are sent monthly, but we can agree to send them with shorter or longer intervals. The payment term for invoices is fourteen (14) days as from the invoice date.
General terms and conditions, applicable law and competent courts
All legal relationships are subject to Mobius Advocaten’ General Terms and Conditions, which will be provided free of charge upon request. These General Terms and Conditions contain a limited liability clause. The legal relationships to which these General Terms and Conditions apply shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Dutch law. Disputes shall be submitted in first instance exclusively to the competent court in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Professional indemnity insurance
Mobius Advocaten’ lawyers are insured in accordance with the rules of the Netherlands BAR Association under professional indemnity policies. Our insurance agent is Mutsaerts, P.O. Box 9102, 5000 HC Tilburg. Insurance policy information is available for our clients.
Ethics and professional standards policy
- Mobius Advocaten is committed to the highest ethical and professional standards. These apply to all our people, regardless of role. Mobius Advocaten’ people are required to act professionally and in compliance with relevant laws, regulations and the Netherlands BAR Association rules.
- These ethical and professional standards include:
- acting with integrity, professionalism and fairness;
- acting in the best interests of each client, including providing a proper standard of service to our clients;
- upholding the rule of law and the proper administration of justice;
- behaving in a way that maintains the trust the public has in the provision of legal services;
- maintaining our independence;
- avoiding conflicts of interests and apparent conflicts of interests.
- The firm has internal policies intended to help its people comply with these standards and with relevant laws and regulations.
Mobius Advocaten is committed to providing its clients with commercially focused legal advice of the highest quality. Any client who is unhappy about the advice and assistance that it receives from the firm, including any concerns about an invoice, is entitled to complain. If you are not satisfied with any of our services, we encourage you to let the lawyers involved know. If you are not comfortable doing so, or this does not achieve the desired result, you can send your complaint in writing by e-mail for the attention of our Managing Partner, Niels Molenaar (email@example.com). A PDF-file of the firm’s complaints procedure can be requested.